Destination - New York City, New York
- See the best of early 20th-Century American highway engineering and admire Art Deco bridges on the Merritt Parkway.
- Admire the achievements of colonial engineers who built canals, locks, spillways, mills and bridges still in use today.
- See brilliant fall foliage.
- Hike trails in bird and wildflower sanctuaries.
America at War
- Relive Washington's famous crossing of the Delaware on Christmas Day, 1776.
- Visit museums, battlefields and other sites that tell stories of the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War.
Life in Colonial America
- See what life was like for those who worked the waters and wildernesses of the area.
- Live and work in the past at living history farms and museums.
Delaware River Scenic Byway - New Jersey
Length: 32.8 miles / 52.8 kmSee more information for Delaware River Scenic Byway
Time to Allow: About 60 minutes
Millstone Valley Scenic Byway - New Jersey
Length: 27.5 miles / 44.3 kmSee more information for Millstone Valley Scenic Byway
Time to Allow: Allow about 45 minutes just to drive the byway; more if you stop along the way.