Peak to Peak Scenic and Historic Byway
Some regions of this map can be clicked on to view further information.
Note: Highlighted byway routes shown on maps of All-American Roads and National Scenic Byways correspond to designations made by the U.S. Secretary of Transportation. State designations may differ.
Getting to the Byway
- In Denver, merge south onto I-25 S on the Colorado Springs ramp.
- Take exit 209B for US 6W/6th Ave.
- After about half a mile, keep left at the fork and merge on US 6W.
- Exit onto I-70 W toward Grand Junction, then take exit 243 toward Hidden Valley/Central City, the southern terminus of the byway.
From Fort Collins
- From Fort Collins, head south on US 287.
- Continue as the road turns into N Garfield Avenue.
- Turn right onto W Eisenhower Blvd./US 34 W.
- After 29 miles, continue onto Big Thompson Ave./E Elkhorn Ave.
- Turn right onto Virginia Dr. and continue onto Park Ln. into Estes Park, the northern terminus of the byway.
From Steamboat Springs
- In Steamboat Springs, head southwest on 6th St. toward Lincoln Ave. then take the first left onto US 40.
- Follow US 40 for 78 miles then turn left onto US 34.
- Continue on US 34 for 53 miles where it changes to US 36.
- Stay on US 36 for about 6.5 miles then turn right onto Big Thompson Ave./Elkhorn Ave.
- Then, take the first left onto Virginia Dr. and continue on Park Ln. into Estes Park, the northern terminus of the byway.