Historic Route 66
Standard Oil Station (IL)
The Odell Station serves as an ideal example of the American filling station. Its architecture and place in the landscape make it one of the most recognizable symbols of the popular culture associated with Route 66. Built in 1932, this beautiful Depression-era service station served travelers on Route 66 until the mid 1960s. Preservation efforts saved this National Register landmark, and although it no longer sells gas, visitors enjoy learning about the station's past.