The Dinosaur Diamond runs through the best land in the world to learn about dinosaurs. Numerous sites are available to the public where bones and tracks are still visible in the ground. Many museums along the way add to the opportunities to see and learn about dinosaurs.
The Energy Loop: Huntington/Eccles Canyons Scenic Byway winds across the Manti-La Sal National Forest, rising up to 10,000 feet above sea level. Explore the rich history of industrial development as you view coal mining operations, historic mining towns, and coal-fired power plants. Nearby Sanpete Valley contains some of the best-preserved Mormon Pioneer settlements in existence.
The byway meanders over the eastern flank of the Uinta Mountains and through the Ashley National Forest and Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area. View wildlife in their native habitats and experience the "real West" as passed down through western folklore of early explorers, homesteaders, mountainmen, outlaws and cowboys.
From Logan to Garden City, this byway parallels the Logan River through Logan Canyon, passing through dense forests, lush meadows, rugged rock formations and panoramic views. Each season brings a colorful show, especially in autumn.
From Nephi to Payson, this route has breathtaking views of the Wasatch Range and 11,929-foot Mt. Nebo, its tallest mountain. See flat bottomlands, high-alpine conifers, red rock formations, gray sandstone cliffs and salt flats all in the same day. Sights include Devil's Kitchen, Walker Flat and Mt. Nebo Wilderness.
Scenic Byway 12 takes you to the heart of the American West. This exceptional 124-mile route negotiates an isolated landscape of canyons, plateaus, and valleys ranging from 4,000 to 9,000 feet above sea level. You'll encounter archaeological, cultural, historical, natural, recreational, and scenic qualities while driving this exhilarating byway.
Scenic Byway 143 - Utah’s Patchwork Parkway serves as the western gateway to a breathtaking route across Utah’s high plateaus, connecting to Heritage Highway 89 and Scenic Byway 12, Utah’s first All American Road. These routes allow travelers to experience a nationally renowned passage through two national parks and two national monuments as they explore the vast landscape between Interstate 15 and Interstate 70.
Explore the long and intriguing occupation of the Four Corners region by Native American peoples. Travel through the archaeological heartland of America while crossing the beautiful and diverse landscapes of the Colorado Plateau. World-renowned Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley Tribal Park, and Four Corners Monument are highlights on the trail.
Other Byways in Utah
As a service, we strive to include information on all byways or backways in Utah on this website. This list may be incomplete or contain byways that overlap.
- Bear Lake Scenic Byway
- Beaver Canyon Scenic Byway (U-153)
- Bicentennial Highway
- Big Cottonwood Canyon Scenic Byway
- Bull Creek Pass National Back Country Byway
- Capitol Reef Country Scenic Byway
- Cedar Breaks Scenic Byway (U-148)
- Dead Horse Mesa Scenic Byway
- Eccles Canyon Scenic Byway (U-96)
- Fishlake Scenic Byway (U-25)
- Great Salt Lake Legacy Parkway
- Huntington Canyon Scenic Byway (U-31)
- Indian Canyon Scenic Byway
- Indian Creek Corridor Scenic Byway
- Kolob Fingers Road Scenic Byway
- Kolob Reservoir Road
- Little Cottonwood Canyon Scenic Byway
- Markagunt High Plateau Scenic Byway (U-14)
- Mirror Lake Scenic Byway - UT Section
- Monument Valley to Bluff Scenic Byway
- Mt. Carmel Scenic Byway
- Nine Mile Canyon Backway
- Ogden River Scenic Byway
- Pony Express Trail National Back Country Byway
- Potash-Lower Colorado River Scenic Byway (U-279)
- Provo Canyon Scenic Byway
- Silver Island Mountain National Back Country Byway
- Smithsonian Butte National Back Country Byway
- Transcontinental Railroad Back Country Byway
- Upper Colorado River Scenic Byway (U-128)
- Zion Park Scenic Byway (U-9)